NYCOO provides high quality, substantive, practical resources for startup operators. It’s a collection and combination of the best startup resources from the best startup operators. It’s the kind of material that you can pick up and instantly save yourself weeks of work. And, it helps you create a final product that you could never have achieved alone.
Our mission is to help you a build successful business that’s a great place to work. The world needs more great places to work.
Here are some of our most popular resources:
- Your Startup Needs An Operating System. Your company has an Operating System whether or not you consciously build and nurture one. It will happen by default. And a default Operating System is highly unlikely to function well and get the long-term results you’re looking for.
- Your DAO Still Needs An Operating System. Probably two Operating Systems, actually. One on the blockchain and one for the people.
- Ten Tips on How to Hire Better. Detailed summary of a hiring process, with a full process template, interview questions, and more.
- Foundational Materials. Everything your organization does starts with and builds on your foundational materials. This resource has definitions of a vision, mission, strategy, values, and culture, with some of the best examples out there.
- How To Be A Great Manager. Two prerequisites and ten guidelines for being a great manager.
- 6 Steps for Creating Better Managers (with Tools and Templates). How to create a better management system and better managers, and incidentally achieve your company goals.
- People Management and Development System (with Templates). Build your company’s People Management System to ensure that the parts of management that should be consistent across the organization are applied uniformly and to guide your managers when building their own management systems.
- 9 Tips for Building a Communication System (with Templates). Good communication is vital to your company’s success. Build the right system for your company with these tips and templates.
- How to Plan and Set Goals (with Templates and Samples). Planning is how you turn your foundational materials into measurable goals, a prioritized to do list, and project plans, to achieve the next level of specificity of the Operating System and maximize your likelihood of success.